Friday, January 18, 2008

Crayon Birthday Card


This is a card that I made for a birthday party that my daughter's are going to tomorrow. I was inspired by a cute card design that I saw a while back on Cindy Vernon's blog, Creating with the Heart. I remembered that she added the crayons to the card so that the child could colour in the images themselves. What a cute idea! Well, I just found the link in her archives and we actually used the same main colours of red and black! I didn't remember what colours she had used! That's funny! lol :)

I also wanted to thank everyone so much who left me comments or sent me personal emails regarding my last post. I'm feeling much better today and staying very positive. I've come to the decision that it could drive me crazy if I keep thinking about it all the time and I'm not going to let it do that to me. I'll wait for my doctor's appointment on Wednesday and see what my doctor has to say and go from there. Thanks again for all the kind words of support! Big hugs to you all! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Flat Black, Flat White, China Red Linen (CRS)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU), Grey Shadow Ink (Hero Arts)
Stamps: Happy Birthday to You! (Heidi Grace Designs - Fiskars), Dinosaurs (foam stamps from Dollarama)
Embellishments: Black Gingham ribbon (Michaels), Red and Yellow Crayons (Dollarama)
Tools: Ticket Punch, (SU), X-Acto knife to make slits for ribbon

2 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow....this card is Awesome!!!

Tracy.H said...

What a great card, Julie!! Thata girl. You stay positive...and I will for ya too!! :0)