Saturday, January 26, 2008

Full Bloom Criss Cross Card




I decided to quickly finish this card before I got ready for work. I found this gorgeous double-sided patterned paper the other day, as well, at our lss, Loomis Art Supplies. I thought the flowers were so pretty, again, I couldn't resist! :)

So, this is sympathy card #2 of 4 that I need to make. My friend Kim was joking that it seems that all her cards seem to pink and purple. I said, come to think of it I've noticed that a lot of mine seem to be blue and green. So, I promised Kim that I would try stay away from these colours for a while, but I couldn't help it...Sorry, Kim! I loved the patterned paper and these are the cardstock colours that I had to use with it. lol :)

OK, I really need to go make supper and get ready for work! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: True Friend (SU), 'With Sympathy' is from Greetings Galore (Impression Obsession)
Patterned Paper: Full Bloom (Chatterboxinc)
Cardstock: Whirlpool (Bazzill), Chocolate Weave (Bazzill), Key Lime Flat (CRS)
Ink: Blue Bayou (SU), Certainly Celery (SU)
Embellishments: Antique Cooper Brad (Makin Memories)
Tools: 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" Circle Punchs (Creative Memories), Corner Rounder Punch (SU), small artist paint brush to apply ink to flowers on insert to make stems green and the petals blue.

5 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Love this one, Julie!! It's a shame you have to make so many Sympathy cards though...but it is very pretty. :0)

Kim said...

lol...your card is gorgeous Julie! My card for today is ALL pink! LOL...Haven't uploaded it yet though! BUT, for my next card I will try to NOT use pink or purple! LOL.

I know it's hard to make sympathy cards, and it's sad you have had to make so many lately Julie....

Rose Ann said...

This is very pretty, and I love the patterned paper! Sorry for the reason to make this type of card.

maiahs_momma said...

LOVE this card, very beautiful :)!
Love the cardstock too :)!!
Hugs,
catherine

Corie said...

WOW -- I LOVE your criss cross card!!!