Sunday, January 20, 2008

Welcome Little One Criss-Cross card




My card tonight was a lot of fun to make and was my first attempt at a criss-cross card. It's for a dear friend of mine who just recently had a new little baby boy. I'm so happy for them! :) Ya gotta love new little babies!

I'm used to making girly cards so this one was a challenge for me to make one that looked boyish and for a new little arrival. I'm happy with the way it turned out and I really like this patterned paper that I used from Close to My Heart. I can't remember the name of it, so if you can help me out and let me know, I'd appreciate it. :) I've tried looking it up online, but I can't find it in their papers section.

If you're interested in trying one of these criss-cross cards, here's a wonderful tutorial done by Beate Johns that's posted on SCS.

Well, it's time to call it a day. Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Flourish from Nightingale (See d's - Inque Boutique), Assorted Baby Themed stamps (Studio G)
Patterned Paper: Old World Theme...I can't remember the name and unable to find the name online (Close to My Heart)
Cardstock: Blue, Cream, Beige (part of CTMH paper pack)
Embellishments: Antique Brass Brads- Hodge Podge Hardware (SU)
Tools: Round Tab Punch (SU), paper piercer, foam mat, sticky strip tape

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

What a great baby boy card! :0)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie; I love it!

Kelly said...

I love your version of the criss cross card. Bellisima (beautiful)... no I'm not Italian I just love that word! LOL
Kelly