Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New painted walls! :)

Wow, it's been a busy few days. After living in our new (to us) home for a year and a half already, we finally came to an agreement on a paint colour for the upstairs walls. Well, I chose the colour and Jim decided to trust me that it'd be ok. He's as thrilled with it as I am. Quite a switch from the colour before.

Here's a 'before pic' of the Hunter Green striped walls on the bottom and white on the top. Very dated in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that I'm not a real fan of hunter green anymore. I think I went through a spell in the 90's where my whole home was that colour and now I'm sick of it. I'm so glad it's gone! lol :) The entire upstairs (kitchen, dining area and hall) also had a fruit border at the top of the walls that had to come down.

This is the new 'Bold Terracotta' colour on the walls. I love it! It's such a nice warm, grown-up colour and such a joy to look at. :) We painted it through out the kitchen, the dining area and the hallway. We removed all of chair rails and door frames so we could do a nice job. It was quite a job getting them all put back up though after we were tired. But, so happy with ourselves now that it's done.
This is looking into my dining area from the living room doorway. I had these Haida Art Native paintings framed for Jim for his birthday a few years ago and I think they look really nice with the new walls. Please don't mind the ugly green blind and the lace valance, those are being replaced soon! lol :)

Here's the dining area looking from the kitchen.

This is looking down the hall towards the bedrooms and upstairs bathroom in our bungalow.

While I'm at it showing pics, I thought I'd share a few more of our home for you to see. This is our living room at the front of the house. 1st shot is looking from the front door, second shot is looking from the dining area doorway, and 3rd shot is looking toward the dining area doorway.


This is the downstairs washroom that I painted along with the framed flowers that I photographed from on our property. The two outside photographs are ones from where Jim and I grew. I took the one in the Annapolis Valley of the apple blossoms, they're famous for apples down where I'm from in the country. On the far left side are blueberries, a pic that Jim took on the blueberry plains from his hometown in New Brunswick.


This is Natalia's pink 'Dora the Explorer' bedroom that we painted last year.


This is Alexandria's pink 'Princess' bedroom.


Hope you enjoyed your little tour of our home. I hope to have a card to show you tonight. Until then, thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Love the new color, Julie!! You must be so happy that it is all done now. Enjoy! :0)

Anonymous said...

That new color is awesome Julie! What a lot of work for you guys!

Ila said...

Thanks for the peek at your home Julie...it's beautiful and the color change is Lovely!!