Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fire Blossom Meets Best Blossoms




I have a few sympathy cards to make, this is the 1st of 4 that I have done. Not the most pleasant cards to make, but I know they'll all be appreciated and they'll know that I'm thinking of them during a difficult time.

I found this gorgeous patterned paper the other day at our lss, Loomis Art Supplies. I couldn't resist, as it reminded me of some of the new dsp that SU has, called Ginger Blossoms...that I also need to get my hands on! It's so pretty! Yes, I'm a sucker for pretty paper indeed! lol :)

Today is my hubby, Jim's birthday! We got up this morning and had a pancake breakfast...the girls helped make them and they were a bit heavy...but I think Daddy was happy that they were so happy to help me with them. We gave Jim his birthday presents and I so need to CASE a card that came from a friend of our, Michele! I'll share that with you after I finish up my sympathy cards. Anyway, I have some things to do around the house today, and I go to work tonight. I'm gonna try to finish another card that I started last night, and I'll try to post it later tonight.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Best Blossoms (SU), 'With Sympathy' is from Greetings Galore (Impression Obsession)
Patterned Paper: Far East Print - Fire Blossom (DCVW)
Cardstock: Red Rock (Bazzill), Caramel (Bazzill), Beige (The Paper Company), White (The Paper Company)
Ink: Creamy Caramel (SU), Cameo Coral (SU)
Tools: Round Tab Punch (SU), Corner Punch (SU), Sea Sponge for stippling the Round pull Tab, scissors to cut out blossoms and mask for blossoms, 2-way glue to make back side of the blossom mask tacky.

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful, Julie!! Hope hubby had a great bday!! :0)