Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Masculine Baroque Birthday


I had a masculine themed birthday card to make...yes, I have a real problem with masculine cards since I can't 'girly' them all up with pretty ribbon, embellies and bling! Anyway, I thought why not use lots of copper brads and some manly' colours and who said I can't do a bit of paper piercing! Not me! lol :) I'm thinking perhaps the Baroque flowers aren't quite what I was looking for, but I kinda like the medallion with the copper cardstock layer in the background.

I'm sure a certain man in my life will see this post, so if you do, Here's to you, Jim! Happy Birthday! Luv ya! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs (SU), 'Happy Birthday' is from Clear Design - Messages (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Copper Metallic (SU), Chocolate Chip (Bazzill), Avocado Flat (CRS), Cream (The Paper Company
Patterned Paper: Green and Rust (Creative Memories)
Ink: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Embellishments: Antique Copper Brads (Making Memories)
Tools: Ticket Punch (SU), Paper Piercer, foam mat, scissors for cutting out medallion and photo corners...nope I don't have a photo corner punch, yet! lol :)

3 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

I'm going to borrow that layout for a man card for my stamp club next week. I'll be sure to case the layout back to you.

Tracy.H said...

This is a great 'man' card, Julie! Lovin' the medalion!! :0)

Kelly said...

This works great as a masculine card. It is very difficult to make something for a guy. They don't have too much out there now do they???
Thanks so much for sharing.
Kelly

Stop by my blog and enter for my candy if you like:
www.kellysartjournaling.blogspot.com