Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friend Treat Purse

I saw this cute idea over on Kitty Franken's blog for a little Valentine Treat Purse and I thought I'd give one a try. This is the first time I've ever used my scalloped circle Nestabilites to make a decorative edge. You simply feed your cardstock through the Nestie leaving 1/2 of the nestie on top to actually cut and the other 1/2 is left underneath the cardstock, so it doesn't cut anything. Does that make sense? Kit shows the tutorial on her blog, so you can take a peek there if you're like me and need pictures to go by instead! lol :)

Here's a close up of the front of the treat purse.

I decided to fill the inside with candy covered easter eggs...yes, apparently Easter is coming a wee but early this year. I just liked the colour of these and they're so yummy that I thought they'd work great as a little treat.

A close up of the ribbon this time, you know me, I just had to show off the sweet little butterflies in the ribbon! lol :)

Jim got home last night and we've all been having a relaxing day today. We had a nice Valentine's Day, and best of all, we're all feeling much better around here, finally! I don't have to go back to work until next Thursday, so that'll give a good chance to fully get better.

I gave the girls their little Smartie Gift Boxes this morning and they loved them. I'd like to find out where I could buy those little empty containers that cake decorating sprinkles come in. If anyone happens to know, could you let me know, I'd like to have some on hand for future projects. Thanks so much! :)

These are what the containers look like again. They're about 3/4" in diameter and 2 3/4" tall.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Friends (Queen Kat Designs), A2055 - Dragonfly (Impression Obsession), A2056 - Butterfly
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate (SU), Pink Pirouette (SU), Soft Sky (SU), Flat White (CRS)
Ink: Purely Pomegranate (SU), Soft Sky (SU)
Tools: Terrifically Tacky Tape (Provocraft), Score Blade, Cuttlebug, Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
, Mini Glue Dots (SU), Ziploc Snack Baggie

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

CUTE Ms Julie!

Oma said...

This is a great little treat purse. Thanks for sharing the link to make them.