Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mojo72 Sketch Challenge


I created this card for the Mojo Monday Week 72 Sketch Challenge. Can you believe that I don't think I've ever done one of these Mojo Monday challenges before! Crazy, I know, but I saw this sketch today and I decided I'd give it a go. I love Julee's sketches, I guess I just always try to do my own...but, with my brain foggy these days with sickness, I figured I could use a little help! lol :)

I made this card for my Mum for Valentine's Day. Does it look like a Valentine's Day card? I don't know, I didn't want a typical looking themed card with hearts and cupids, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I know the top yellow layer looks different from the other yellow layers, but it really is the same colour. Again, it's my scanner, and me now knowing how to use it properly apparently to adjust colours and layers to look true.

OK, stampin' therapy time for tonight is over. I had a nap tonight after I got the kids to sleep, but then I woke and felt the need to make a card... lol :) Now, its time to call it a day.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiments 1 (Impression Obsession), Wild Vines (Technique Tuesday)

Cardstock: Chocolate Brown (CRS), White (Staples), Goldenrod Linen (CRS)
Patterned Paper: Beau Jardin - Harvest (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Marigold Morning (SU), Vintage Sepia (VersaFine)
Tools: Classic & Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Border Punch (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success)

Embellishments: 1/2" Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon (Michaels)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Card. I just love Mojo mondays. Helps when the fog settles.

Tracy.H said...

Julie! Your Mom is gonna love it! And yes, I just Love Julee's sketches too. :0)

QuiltNut Creations said...

fabulous!!

Sue said...

great card your mum will luv it, im better with a sketch to follow, sue.x

Kim said...

Hi Julie!

Your Mom will just love this card! I love it! I too have never used Julee's sketches, but should give it a try! I am so sorry to hear you and the kids are sick again. I hope you all start feeling better very soon! You sure have made some beautiful cards though! lol
If you are up to it, give me a shout later! I don't want to call and disturb in case you and the girls are napping.
Feel better hugs!
Kim