Thursday, February 26, 2009

Accordion 'Friends' Album

This is the accordion album that I promised to show you that Louise did with us on Tuesday night at our Girls' Crafty Night Out at Deborah's place. I love this little album. I didn't have time to finish my album, so I finished it today. Just in time, tomorrow is my Mum's birthday and I'm going to give this to her along with her gift. She's a scrapbooker, so I think she'll like this. I know it says friends on the front, but my Mum really is my best friend. :)

On the inside, I had made each of the little floral half squares into a pocket, by leaving each of the longest layers without any adhesive. However, my dilemma was that after I made all these little pockets I didn't know what to put in them so that it would still allow you to be able to fold the album back to it's smallest state as shown above. So, I simply decided to add several little sentiments to the inside along with some flourishes, flowers and of course a couple of butterflies, too! :)

The album has a series of mountain folds which allows it to fold up to the pocket size square above, then it unfolds to be three times wider and 2 times higher. Here are some different views of the album.

Half opened

Fully opened

Close up of the middle Love sentiment

Close up of the Live Laugh Love Sentiment and the Metal LOVE embellishment
Close up of the Family and Time Well Spent sentiment

Close up of the Delight in Life sentiment
Close up of the Always sentiment
View of the back

Wow, that was a lot of pictures...sorry about that, just trying to give you a view of all the elements.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps:Flourish - 96129J (Inkadinkado), Live Laugh Love (Daisy Bucket designs), Delight in Life (SU), 'always' - Small Script (SU), Butterfly, Time Well Spent and Family (Studio G), Love sentiment - Treasure the Moments - CL156 (Hero Arts)

Cardstock: Chocolate Brown, Cream
Ink: Vintage Sepia (VersaFine), Vintage Photo (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)

Patterned Paper: Classic K McKenna (K & Company)

Tools: Sponge (SU), Small Flower Punch, Cuttlebug, Large Flower Die Cut (Cuttlebug), Square Frame, Tag Punch (SU), Terrifically Tacky Tape (Provocraft)

Embellishments: 1/4" Chocolate Brown Grosgrain Ribbon (Fabricville), 1/8" Leaf Green Satin Ribbon (Michaels), LOVE Metal Antique Finish Letters (Dollarama), Antique Copper Swirl & Brads -Hodge Podge Hardware (SU), Paper Flowers (Dollarstore)

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

Wasn't it FUN doing this little project!? Louise always organizes the nicest stuff. Oh...LOVE the curly look Ms Julie!

Deborah March said...

PS I really LIKE your new blog banner!