Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy 14th Birthday, Alysha!

This is the birthday card that I made for my niece, Alysha, who's turning 14 years old on Sunday. Wow, it's hard to believe that she's gonna be 14 already! How time flies, it just seems like not too long ago that she was a little baby. I can still picture her in her little umbrella stroller at my wedding. Such a cutie and she looked just like my brother did when he was a baby. She's grown into such a beautiful girl now and is so smart, just like her Dad (my brother) and has his sense of humour, too. I'm so proud of her and know she's gonna do great in life.

I CASE'd the style of this card off of a card that the very talented, Beate Johns did last year, I think. One of the many 'inspiration' cards that I have on file on my computer. It's a tri-fold style of card. The front flap with the ribbon lifts up and then the butterfly/happy birthday panel folds down to reveal the inside of the card. Blue is her favourite and I figured she might like the style of this card being that it's a bit different. Hope she likes it! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly (Daisy Bucket), Happy Birthday - Snag 'em Stamps (Imaginisce)

Cardstock: Blue Bayou (SU), Cream (Staples), Chocolate Brown (Bazzill)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (VersaFine)

Patterned Paper: Backyard "Sunny Days" Floral/Brown - Bohemia (My Mind's Eye)

Tools: Ticket Punch (SU), Designer Tag Punch (SU), Paper Piercer, Piercing Mat, Piercing Guide, 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), Classic & Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Mini Glue Dots (SU)

Embellishments: 1/2" Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon (Michaels)

No comments: