Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A great crafty night

We had so much fun last night at our Girls' Crafty Night out at Deborah's. We made three projects, Val did an altered tin with us along with a matching altered journal. I love altering things so these were right up my alley! Thanks for the great projects, Val! :)

Don't look too closely at the sentiment on my journal below, I rather botched it up. :( When I stamped this beautiful sentiment by Quietfire Designs, I stamped it at the card table that I was sitting at and the table wasn't solid, so I didn't get a clear impression with my stamp. *sigh* I attempted to give it a highlighted look with a white gel pen, but I covered up too much of the dark ink, so then I had to use my black gel pen to re-write the sentiment. Yup, I rather ruined it! Perhaps I'll just borrow the stamp in the future and stamp it out again onto another piece of cardstock and layer it over top of my botched one.

Louise did a gorgeous accordion album with us. I'm still working on it, so I'll post it later. Thanks so much for doing such a fun project with us, Louise! :)

We also did our draw for our Spring swap cards. I drew Kim's name and I received this beautiful card below that she made with a very cool Nova Scotia inspired stamp of Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. It's about 45 minutes from where I live. These three churches are famous for the area. If you check out the link above, it'll take you to a tourism site for Mahone Bay where you can clearly see the three churches in their scrolling banner. I'm using the picture from Kim's blog. I wish you could see the way this card shimmers in real life - it's absolutely delicious eye candy! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great night J.

Thank you for showing the "oops" I have done that many times and couldn't figure a way to "salvage" the work. Now thanks to you for show me how. I think the highlights in white are great.

Toodles
E