Monday, March 22, 2010

Coffee Filter Flower

I saw this gorgeous creation on Corie's blog today and I just had to CASE it with some new patterned paper that I just got the other day. She used a bit of a different flower than me, here's a tutorial for the one that she made.

Here's a close up of my handmade flower.

For my flower, I used coffee filters, dunked them in tea and wrung them out. Dried them flat with my heat tool and then crumpled up each layer. I used 14 layers on this flower. Each layer was with the smallest scallop circle nestie - punching out 4 at a time.  I poked a hole with a thumbtack down through the centre of all the layers and used a small brad to hold them all together.  I ruffled up the petals and distressed them a bit with my Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.   A fun project for sure!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Cardstock: Ivory (Staples), Soft Sky (SU)
Patterned Paper: Bridgeport - Sunday Bruncg (s.e.i.)
Ink: Tea Dye  - Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
Tools: 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Quilling Tweezers, Cuttlebug, Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Dot Punch (Martha Stewart), Textile Texture Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft), Thumbtack, Copper Brad
Embellishments: Pale Blue Pearls (Dollarama), Striped Satin Ribbon (Michaels)


Tracy.H said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work...but this is beautiful!!! :0)

Corie said...

Julie, This is absolutely beautiful -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE your flower!!

Big hugs and smiles,