Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Princess for a Day

I totally forgot that I had this Butterfly Impressabilities and found it this morning!  So, I thought I'd play with it for a card that I needed to make for a friend of my oldest daughter for her birthday party this weekend.

I used the Butterfly Impressabilities to emboss the background.  Then, I used my new Fancy Scalloped Border Piercerabilities for the border and embossed with it first.  Then, I cut out the scallop on the top as it only embosses, it's not a diecut.  I added an extra diecut layer on the bottom and paper pierced the swirls around the butterfly.

Here's a close up to show you the embossing and the paper piercing that I did using the Border Piercerabilities.  A fun tool to use!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by!  :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Crown - Fairest of Them All - Snag'em Stamps (Imaginisce), Just Chillin' (Making Memories), Sentiments 1 (Impression Obsession), Butterfly by Kathy Davis (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: Light Pink (CRS), Soft Sky (SU), Flat White (Staples)
Ink: Coal Black (Ancient Page)
Tools: Fancy Scalloped Borders - Piercerabilities (Spellbinders), Butterfly Impressabilities (Spellbinders), Paper Piercing Tool, Paper Piercing Mat, Quilling Tweezers
 
Embellishments: Blue, Pink and Clear Bling (Dollarama)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Great bday card, Julie! :0)