Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mojo131 Sketch Challenge

This is a long card that I made for the current Mojo Monday sketch challenge. It measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2".  I don't normally make long cards, but this was a fun one to make...unfortunately, now I'll need to make an envelop for it, too, since I don't have any envelopes that size.

I have to tell you, I'm absolutely giddy with excitement over this card - I know, that sounds funny and  you're probably thinking, "Well, Julie, why don't you just pat yourself on the back!"  lol  :)  So, I'll explain my excitement.  Tonight, from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM we were supposed to turn off the lights in support of Earth Hour.  So, we obeyed the no lights rule and lit some candles instead.  Well, I made this entire card in the dark - by the light of just a few tealights!  I think I did a pretty good job with my matting, don't you think?  lol  :)

Here's the Mojo sketch that I followed:

I also used some gorgeous, double-sided, patterned paper that my friend, Val gave to me.   We each bought paper for the other person and challenged her to use that piece of paper on a card.  A fun challenge and Val was good to me, giving me this gorgeous paper to work with!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiments I (Impression Obsession)
Cardstock: Wine (CRS), River Rock (SU), Flat White (Staples)
Patterned Paper: Christine Adolph (Creative Imaginations)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick and Shabby Shutters (Ranger)
Tools: Quilling Tweezers, 3/16" Glue Dots, Silent Setter (ProvoCraft) - to punch another hole in the metal tag
Embellishments: Sheer Olive Polka Dot Ribbon (Michaels), Metal Edged Frame, Silver Dragonfly

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

WOO HOO YOU!!! Way to go!

Charmaine Stack said...

This is a great sketch. I need to find time to try it myself. Love what you did with it.