Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sweet Pea Stamps DT Sketch Challenge

Oh, my goodness, I was so excited to see that Sweet Pea Stamps has started up a new blog called Sweet Pea Stampers and they're looking for a design team for it. This is my submission card. I absolutely love there stamps and would be thrilled to be chosen for their DT.  Fingers crossed for me!  :)  I think this stamp, Poppy Love is my favourite - poppies are my all time favourite flower and she's so beautiful.  These stamps are so much fun to colour in!

Here's a close up of the 'Poppy Love' mermaid and gorgeous paper flowers that I found at the Dollarama!   Ya gotta love the dollar store!  :)

They provided this beautiful sketch to follow for the DT challenge.

Thanks for stoppin' by!  :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Poppy Love - ©Ching-Chou Kuik's Fantasy Art Collection (Sweet Pea Stamps), Vintage Flourish (Stampabilities)
Cardstock: China Red Linen (CRS), Dark Purple (Recollections), Flat White (Staples)
Patterned Paper: Scarlet's Letter - Recognition (Basic Grey), Archaic - Rusty (Basic Grey)
Ink: Ancient Page - Coal Black (Clear Snap), Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired Brick (Ranger), Black, Purple, Mauve, Wine
Touch Markers: 0-Colorless Blender, 11-Carmine, 29-Bareley Beige, 144-Pale Baby Blue (ShinHan Art)
Tools: Quilling Tweezers, 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Custom Circle Cutting System (Creative Memories), Aqua Painter (SU), 3/16" Glue Dots
Embellishments:Sheer Black Ribbon (Michaels), Silver Dragonfly Charms, Red Paper Flowers (Dollarama)

7 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Hi Julie wishing you luck for your entry for the DT . I'm a friend of Kim Prince's and also Yvonne and have visited your blog regularly . You do beautiful work . Here's the link to my blog
http://craftsbeyond.blogspot.com

Marilyn

Corie said...

OH my Julie -- this is absolutely stunning. I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Oh wow Julie this is so pretty. I love the red and you have coloured her beautifully. She is one of my favourites xxx I love your card thanks for joining us at SPS hugs Pascale

Anne said...

Hi Julie! Wow! This is really striking! What a beautiful image, isn't she just gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you found us and delighted that you played along! Best of luck with the call!! :o) x

NormaJ said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Hoping they will like what they see and ask you to join their team. Good luck
Julie.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Julie, she's stunning!! I love the colors and the composition! Beautiful!

maiahs_momma said...

Good luck to you too, beautiful card :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine