Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Faux Metal Tags

My idea was to use those cute little metal edged tags for the two circle accents, but I got tired of fooling around with them!  They're too hard to stamp on and I didn't like the way they were looking, so I was going to try to add patterned paper to the white part of the tag...yup, not working for me either, then I had a brainwave!  Why not just use silver cardstock as a base and it will look like a metal tag! Ta-da, perfect!   :)

I carried the silver theme onto the circle base for the butterfly.  Not sure about this part as my thought was to make it look like it was peeking in a mirror.  Anyway, I guess it works.  What do you think?

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly (The Artful Stamper), Thanks (Queen Kat Designs)
Cardstock: Soft Sky (SU), Flat White (Staples), Chocolate (CRS),  Silver
Patterned Paper: Wild Saffron - Paper Slab (K&Company)
Ink: Vintage Sepia (VersaFine), Memento - Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Touch Markers: 0-Colorless Blender, 64-Indian Blue, 144-Pale Baby Blue, 175-Lime Green
Tools: Scalloped Edge Punch (SU), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Circle Custom Cutting System & 1 1/2" Circle Punch (Creative Memories), Cuttlebug, Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 3/16" Pop Dots (SU), Scissors (Honey Bee)
Embellishments:Pewter Heart Flower Brad (Dollarama), Pewter Brads (Making Memories), Marcella Paper Flowers (K&Company)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Your idea worked perfectly!! Love this one, Julie. You know...I have a whole box of those silver rimmed tags...no idea what to do with them...;0)

Yvonne said...

Those little metal tags are hard to line up the stamp in unless you're using a stamp positioner. Your idea worked great!.

You guys haven't had to bad of a winter. Down here we kept breaking records for it being the coldest on record. lol It really has warmed a lot in the last two weeks. Yesterday it hit 82...that's about right. I'm sure I'll have my fill of warm weather before the summer is over.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Take Care.

Yvonne

Corie said...

This is FABULOUS -- thanks for sharing!!