Friday, March 19, 2010

Paper Flower Swap

The theme for our monthly card swap this time around was to make our own flower and to use up one or more scraps of patterned paper.  I made this flower by stamping out 4 flowers from the True Friend set from SU.  I carefully cut each one of them out and then crinkled them all up.   I used my bone folder to curl the petals up and then used a thumbtack to poke a hole down through the centre of all the flowers.  A Decorative pewter brad finished off the flower and holds it all together.  I love this frame, but I don't own that particular Nestabilities, so I freehand drew it myself and cut out two of them!  So proud of myself!  lol  :)

I saw this card below and fell in love with it and decided to CASE it in part.  It was created by Amy Sheffer for StampersDream.com.  I've always been a huge fan of Amy's, her artwork is absolutely gorgeous and such a joy to look at. 

Here's a close up to show you the flower a little better and the dimension of the card.

My girls decided to they wanted to make flowers, too.  Here's the one that my 6 year old made.  She loves red and she's all about shiny things, so she chose this metallic red paper.

This is the one that my 8 year old made - just like Mama's but baby blue.

Well, it's a beautiful day here today, so we're heading out to the yard to enjoy the sun!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Amy Butler - Lotus Greeting Stamps (K&Company), True Friend (SU)
Cardstock: Pumpkin (Bazzill), Ivory (Staples), Chocolate (Bazzill), Deep Red (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Bountiful (Creative Memories) - scraps from three sheets from this paper pack
Ink: Chocolate (Ancient Page)
Tools: Thumbtack, Bone Folder, Scissors, Sponge (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Cuttlebug, Classic and Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Embellishments: Jumbo Chocolate Brads, Slate Blue Lace Ribbon & Striped Grosgrain (Autumn Splendor - Making Memories), Pewter Decorative Brad (Dollarama)

2 comments:

Deborah March said...

BEAUTIFUL card Julie...lovely flowers by your craft little girls too!

Kim said...

Woohoo, I was the lucky recipient of this card, and it's just gorgeous! Thank you so much Julie!!
Hugs,
Kim