Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Butterflies

I had a lot of fun making this card.  This card measures 8 1/2" x 4".  I got the idea from a card by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace.  Thanks so much to Becca for the inspiration!  I changed up a couple of the elements but I loved how she did the ribbon and had to try it for myself.   I designed the butterfly trail using PhotoShop with tattoo brush 2388 and re-sized each butterfly and placed them so they looked like they were flying in a line.   This brush set was a freebie from AIFactory, you can find the Tattoo Brushes here.   The frame for the sentiment is Brush 590 from Lite Ornate Frames.  This brush set was another freebie from AIFactory, you can find it here.   I inserted the Happy Birthday text inside the frame and printed them out.

Here's a close up of the Happy Birthday frame.  This also shows the true colour of the cardstock.

I made two of these cards - one for my friend, Tammy, at work as she's celebrating her birthday tomorrow and another one for another friend of mine, but I can't tell you who...it's a surprise!  Humm, will it be for you?  :)

Well, my stomach flu is gone thank goodness, but I still have a wicked sinus infection and allergies.  What a pain in the butt!   Anyway, I think I'll head outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather we're having and fix my flower gardens up a bit.  It's about 30 C outside - yippee, summer weather is here!  :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
PhotoShop Brushes: Lite Ornate Frames (AIFactory), Tattoo Stamps - Butterfly (AIFactory)
Cardstock: Aqua (CRS), Flat Back (Recollections)
Patterned Paper: Wild Saffron (K & Company)
Ink: Black (Printer Ink)
Tools: Lattice Arch Punch (Martha Stewart), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Scriptina Font for Happy Birthday Sentiment, Printer (Brother), Labels 4 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, 1" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches (Creative Memories) Double-Sided Tape (Sookwang)
Embellishments: Satin Aqua Ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

Mia' said...

love the way you used the brushes! thank you for trying out Aifactory Images!

Jan said...

I like all your elements Julie. Jan (CST)