Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mom Montage

I got some crafty time in yesterday off and on and this is card that I made for my Mum for Mother's Day. I was inspired by THIS card made by Janice Aileen of Made to Create and decided to CASE it.  She's crazy talented and I fell in love with her card and knew I wanted to create something very similar as a special card for my Mum.

Here's an angle to better show you how the patterned paper was folded to give it a quilt-look.

Here's a close up of the framed sentiment.

I used two different digi stamps for the main focal image.   First, I used a gorgeous Crosshatch Frame from The Graphics Fairy - Love that site!  :)   I re-sized it in PhotoShop and then used a beautifully done Mom Montage from Create with TLC.   Another fabulous place, she makes the most wonderful digi stamps and offers a ton of freebies, too.  So, again, I re-sized the Mom Montage sentiment and changed the colour by scanning my Rose Weave cardstock ad adding it to my palette so that I'd have the perfect match. Then, I added the sentiment as a layer inside the crosshatch frame.

My Mum loves quilts and I think she'll really like this card.  Thanks again to Janice for the inspiration!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Digi Stamps: Mom Montage  - Tlc Creations (Create with TLC), Black Crosshatch Frame (Graphics Fairy)
Cardstock: Rose Weave (CRS), Ivory (Staples)
Patterned Paper: Christine Adolph (Creative Imaginations)
Printer Ink: Black and Rose Weave (scanned colour from Cardstock and added to colour palate in PhotoShop)
Tools: Edge Distressor (CTMH), Thumb tack, , 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Terrifically Tack Tape and Double-sided Tape, Brother Scanner/Printer
Embellishments: Antique Copper Brads, Rose Transparent Button, Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon (Michaels), 2 Small Lace Doilies - cut in half (Pay-Less Dollar Deals)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, this card is absolutely STUNNING. I always get so inspired when I stop by. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day my friend

Yvonne said...

Love the lace doily ... adds that Mommy feel!

Hope you're feeling better!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Oh, wow, Julie! This is simply gorgeous! I love that you are using digi stamps... I'm on the computer all the time - why don't I think of it more?! LOL!

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful, Julie! Hope you have a great Mother's Day!

Dina said...

Like it a lot! Especially the details and colors are beautiful and harmonizing!