Monday, May 17, 2010

Emboss Resist & Bookmark

I finally got my other card done that I started on Friday night with my crafty friends. For this card, we did an emboss resist with this gorgeous peacock image.   I sponged on some butterscotch first, then added some Wild Plum, Stream and Citrus.  

Here's a view of the inside of the card.  It has a perforated bookmark that can be removed by the recipient.  You can find a tutorial for the detachable bookmark card on Split Coast here.

Here's a close up of the bookmark.  To get this effect, I inked up a reverse stamp - Garden Silhouette with the green (citrus), then the turquoise (stream).  I stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock.   Then, I misted water directly onto the stamp and re-stamped it onto another piece of white cardstock without adding any more ink.  I think it gives a such a pretty water coloured effect to the image.  So different from the one stamped without the water.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Smile (Studio G), Garden Silhouette (Hero Arts), Peacock (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Flat White (Staples), Ivory (Staples), Turquoise (Recollections), Lime Green (Bazzill)
Template: Detachable Bookmark (Designed on the Silhouette)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Adirondack - Butterscotch, Wild Plum, Stream and Citrus (Ranger)
Tools:
VersaMark (Tsukineko), Heat Tool, Pink Pearls Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Sponge, Eyelet Setter, Double Loops Punch (Martha Stewart)
Embellishments:
White, Green and Orange Prima Flower, Lime Green Brad, Teal and Green 1/8" Satin Ribbon

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay Julie, this is now my absolute favorite card of yours. It is STUNNING. I need that stamp. Hope you are doing well

Huge hugs
Erika

Yvonne said...

Yes Julie this card is one of the top favorites. I'm going to have to CASE technique on this one. The bookmark is cool too. I liked the water effect.

Vicki G said...

A beautiful card Julie, thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique!

Vicki

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Julie, this turned out beautifully! I love the sentiment you added to the bookmark and how you have embellished the front! I'm so glad you played along with us at Stampotique this week! Val :)

Kim said...

Julie, this is just gorgeous!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique this round!
Hugs,
Kim