Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kathryn!

We have a new friend that's joined our local group of stampers. Kathryn actually just celebrated her birthday recently and this is the card that I made for her. She's a yoga instructor and is very big into spirituality, so I thought this card for be fitting for her.  A little birdie told me that she's found of butterflies, too.   I just happened to have a 'few' butterflies, so I could add them to the card, as well.  :)

I found this digi image of a woman meditating and I re-sized it in PhotoShop and printed it off. I had a bit of trouble colouring this image with my Copics and Touch markers, they seemed to want to bleed a little bit, darn it! I'm still learning, so bear with me! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Dream (Studio G), Butterflies (Studio G)
Digi Stamps:  Mary Meditate (edword.wordpress.com)
Cardstock: Flat Black (CRS), Teal (CRS), Purely Pomegranate (SU), Flat White (Staples)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Touch Markers: 0 - Colorless Blender, 29 - Bareley Beige, 95 - Burnt Sienna, 98 - Chestnut Brown, 136 -Blush, (ShinHan Art International)
Copic Sketch Markers: BG10 - Cool Shadow, BG15 - Aqua
Tools: Cuttlebug, Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft), Classic Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Double-sided Tape (Sookwang), Scissors
Embellishments: Black Satin Ribbon (Michaels), Pink Decorative Ribbon (Dollarama)

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm jealous...a new girl in the stamping group . . . but I'm sure you guys will have fun!

Great Card

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Julie, this turned out so pretty! Did you notice how Kathryn loved that you colored the hair the same as hers - isn't she just too sweet? I love how it turned out....