Friday, May 14, 2010

Shining On, in Sweet Pea Style

We're having our monthly meeting tonight for our group of stamping gals and the theme for this month's swap was to use a Sweet Pea Stamps stamp on your card as the main focal image. I chose to use the Haiti Relief stamp, "Shining On."  She's so beautiful and the proceeds from this stamp went to help those affected in the Haitian earthquake this year.

I know you can't see the circle doily stamp very well, as I covered most of it up with the prima flowers, but it's up in the top left corner.  I sponged on some fired red brick distress ink, then stamped the doily over top using whisper white craft ink.  This doily is so beautiful, I'm going to have fun playing with it in the future where you can see it more.  :)

I took a Copic marker class the other night, and I think my colouring is actually getting better.   I'm having fun with it anyway!  Now, I just need to invest in some more markers...perhaps I'll treat myself for my birthday next month!  :)  Most of my markers are Touch markers that are like the Copic markers.  These are alcohol based, as well, and colour like a dream with no streaking.  They have the same square body and double-ended tips.  All that, at a fraction of the cost, nice for a bargain shopper, like myself!  lol   :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Haiti Relief Stamp, "Shining On" (Sweet Pea Stamps), Circle Doily (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: River Rock (SU), Ivory (Staples)
Patterned Paper: Christine Adolph (Creative Imaginations)
Ink: Fired Brick - Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Memento - Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Whisper White craft ink (SU)
Touch Markers: 0 - Colorless Blender, 12 - Coral, 14 - Vermillion, 18 - Peach, 29 - Bareley Beige, 31 - Dark Yellow, 32 - Deep Yellow, 36 - Cream, 42 - Bronze Green, 43 - Deep Olive Green, 95 - Burnt Sienna, 98 - Chestnut Brown, 136 -Blush, 175 - Lime Green (ShinHan Art International)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Labels Four Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Sponge (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success)
Embellishments: Lace (Dollarama), White Prima Flowers

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Very pretty. Can't wait to see what the rest of the cards/projects were for the night.

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful..You have done a beautiful job coloring the image..Simply gorgeous..
Hugs, Linda