Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Louise!

I think I'm pretty safe posting this card...I made this birthday card for my friend, Louise, but I don't think she's on her computer often checking out blogs.  Apparently, she's not addicted like the rest of us!  Anyway, I don't think she'll see it before I give it to her tomorrow.  lol  :)

I had a lot of fun distressing all the elements on this card.  I made the Happy Birthday frame by using a grunge oval frame digi stamp that I got from The Graphics Fairy.  It was originally designed as a blog header, but I re-sized it in PhotoShop and inserted the text using a couple of different fonts for a nice little framed sentiment.   The elegant cupcake is from a logo from Icing on The Cake.  I know I'm probably not supposed to use this, but I'm not selling this card, it's just a gift, so there's no profit being made from this beautiful logo.

I'm working on a project tonight, so I should be able to share that with you soon.  Stay tuned...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Circle Doily (Hero Arts), Flourish - C95182 (Magenta)

Digi Stamps: Grunge Oval Frame (graphicsfairy.blogspot.com), Elegant Flourished Cupcake (realcupcakes.com)  
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate Linen (CRS), Goldenrod Linen (CRS), Ivory (Staples)  
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tea Dye, Walnut Stain & Shabby Shutters (Ranger)
Tools: Edge Distressor (CTMH), Sponge (SU), 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Double-sided Tape (
Sookwang), Scanner/Printer (Brother)  
Embellishments: Lace (Dollarama), Antique Copper Pearls (Dollarama)

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Very cool card. Like your digi elements.

Wish her a "Happy Birthday" for me!

yvonne