Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cardmaking Therapy :)

My oldest daughter was home from school again today, still sick with the stomach flu.  She's feeling much better, but is still running a fever and now she's got quite a cough.   Apparently, the flu wasn't enough for her, now she needs a cold to go with it!  :(  You can certainly tell she's my daughter, though!   When I asked her if she wanted to rest she said, "No, I want to make a card, it'll make me feel better."   That's my girl!  Who says card making isn't therapeutic?   lol   :)

The card above is the card that I made and the below is the card that my 8 year old daughter, Alexandria, made all by herself.  Well, I used the heat tool, but she did everything else.  Like many young children, she's amazed at the 'magic' of the embossing powder as it turns shiny, so she loves this technique.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Wish Dream by Dee Gruenig (Posh Limited)
Cardstock: Ivory (Staples), Olive (CRS), Groovy Guava (SU)

Ink: Old Olive (SU), Cameo Coral (SU), Soft Vanilla (Hero Arts)
Tools: 1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success), Sponge (SU), Heat Tool, Ivory Pearl - Translucent Embossing Powder (Stamp-n-Stuff)
Embellishments: Sheer Olive Polka Dot Ribbon (Michaels)

4 comments:

Deborah March said...

WOW!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...BEAUTIFUL job...on both cards!! Hope the crafting helped your wee one's feel better.

mum of two said...

Oh my goodness!! These cards are stunning! I just love the stamps too. Hope your daughter is feeling better.

featheredheaven said...

Hope that your daughter is feeling better soon! The cards are both beautiful, a job well done...hope it worked!
Sue

Jan said...

Julie, these are gorgeous, you have a little stamping star!