Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Altered Valentine Candy Tin

This is the first of my Valentine's Day projects to show you. I made this one for my sweet hubby, Jim. I'm posting it early, so I guess it will go to him early...lol :) Otherwise he'll complain 'cause I spoiled the surprise and posted it before Valentine's Day. If you know me, you know that I have a hard time keeping a secret, especially when it comes to not sharing crafty projects! Such a silly gal, I am! lol :)

Here's a close up of the top of the tin to show you the pretty flourished stamp and patterned paper.

Here are the Cool Ice mints inside the tin. They're actually pretty yummy. :)

I wanted to keep this little tin simple and as masculine as I could. I didn't think Jim would appreciate me using traditional Valentine's Day colours like pink and red and white together for a project for him! So, I chose red and gray and black, beautiful colours together, yet masculine enough to use. I found this beautiful 'I Love You' stamp at Michaels a few days ago in their $1.50 bin. A great find! The Cool Ice mints came from the Dollar Store at a cool $1, so it's a very inexpensive project. I thought he could keep them in his locker on the ship and when he sees them he can think of us at home that love him. Ah, so sappy! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: 'I Love You' (Michaels)
Cardstock: China Red Linen (CRS), Light Gray (Bazzill)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Jet Black (StazOn) - for sponging the edges of the tin to cover up the original design
Patterned Paper: Beau Jardin Harvest (Bo Bunny)
Tools: Terrifically Tacky Tape (ProvoCraft), Scissors to trim corners, Sponge (SU)
Embellishments: 1/4" Black Grosgrain Ribbon (Michaels), Cool Ice mints by Kroger (Dollar Store)

No comments: