Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Jim!

Happy Birthday, Jim! :)

This is a fun card that I made for my hubby, Jim, for him turning the Big 4-0 on Monday. I'll be giving it to him today since this is the day that we're having a joint celebration with all our friends, as our friend, Doug is turning 40 today, too. Our babysitter is booked and I can't wait to fly the coup for the night. I've scheduled this to post as we're on our way out the door, it should be a fun night out! :)

Wow, another masculine card...I'm on a roll, actually I'm a bit stressed to tell you the truth! lol :) I really can't wait to get back to making girlie cards...they're so much easier to design with lots of pretty embellies. I always wonder about what colours are going to be good for a masculine card. What I think would be 'manly' colours, sometimes just don't turn out looking right, or they're boring colours when put together. Well, I think this card is far from boring and has a fun design to it, so I think he'll like it. I hope... :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Birthday - Snag 'em Stamps (Imaginisce), Birthday Hat and Cake (Studio G)
Cardstock: Royal Blue (Bazzill), Sand Linen and White Linen (CRS), Neon Green (from a birthday invitation envelop that my daughter got!) Gotta love recyling! lol :)
Patterned Paper: Floral Gift Card
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Tools: 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), 1/2" Circle Punch (Marvy)
Embellishments: Royal Blue Jumbo Brads (Dollarama)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Julie - I am sure Jim will love it. Hope you had a fun night out.

Anonymous said...

Sup everyone, fantastic board I find It exceedingly helpful and it has helped me alot
I hope to give something back and assist other people like this chat board has helped me

_________________
[URL=http://electricalhelper.co.uk/electrical-help/install_a_consumer_unit.htm]consumer unit[/URL]