Thursday, January 15, 2009

Heartfelt Thanks meets Bo Bunny


For today's card, I used a stamp set that I'd been wanting for some time. I finally got it...eep, about 6 months ago and I finally mounted it...yesterday! Isn't it funny how we 'need' to have something and then don't even use it for a while! I had some issues with getting the outline stamp to be placed correctly over the base stamp...I was never very good at the 2-step stamping using wood mounted stamps, but I do like how this one turned out. The outline is just a bit off to the side and it's such a pretty flower. I'm so glad I finally got this set from SU.

As for the patterned paper, I broke into some more of my Bo Bunny stash. I'm soooo in love with these papers, they're absolutely gorgeous, I almost hate to cut them up! This is the paper that actually inspired me to buy a scrapbook, to get finally get into scrapbooking. My Mum has been trying to get me into it for years, but card making has always been my passion. Anyway, I still haven't started scrapbooking, but I am enjoying using this beautiful paper! Now, I need to go on another road trip and get some more of it at my cousin's store. Road trip, anyone? lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks (SU)

Cardstock: White Linen & Jet Black Linen (CRS)

Ink: Vintage Sepia (VersaFine), Wild Wasabi (SU), Dark Green 51 (Touch Marker - ShinHan Art International Inc.)
Patterned Paper: Beau Jardin Clover (Bo Bunny)

Tools:
1/8" Dimensional Squares (EK Success)
Embellishments: Green Bling

4 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful, Julie! Love that DP!! :0)

Deborah March said...

This is so pretty Julie...

Yvonne said...

Love the greens! Where is your cousins store? I don't like to cut up my pretty papers for cards cause I want to save them for scrapbooking. If you ever want to spend an afternoon scrapbooking just let me know! It's a much slower process that doing cards.

dasimonds said...

I have this stamp set..
and "Love it"
Your card is Beautiful!
so pretty done in the Greens..
Pretty DP... TFS