Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Big 4-0!

This is a card that I made for our friend, Doug who's turning the Big 4-0 this Friday. A bunch of us are all going out to celebrate his birthday along with for my hubby, Jim, who's also turning 40, on Monday! Happy Birthday to both of them! It should be a fun night out and we'll get to see lots of friends that we haven't seen in a while. It's terrible how time flies by and then you realize that you haven't been in touch in such a long time. But, I guess a lot of people are all in the same boat. Life gets busy and we all get into our own routines, especially after we have kids and there's that more running around to do. We all just need to make the effort to spend time with those people that we care about.

I have a lot of trouble thinking up designs for masculine themed cards. But, I remembered this patterned piece of cardstock (actually a floral arrangement card!) and knew I wanted to use the colours from it in my card. I think this made a fun birthday card, hopefully he'll like it.

I'll share Jim's birthday card after I give it to him...I don't want to spoil the surprise just in case he's peeking on my blog! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday themed (Studio G)
Cardstock: Royal Blue (Bazzill), Wild Wasabi and Kraft (SU), Light Gray (The Paper Company)
Patterned Paper: Floral Gift Card
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Tools: 1/2" Circle Punch (Marvy)
Embellishments: Kraft Brown Jumbo Brads (Dollarama)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Great job on this one, Julie! This is a great color combo for a guy card. Hope your friend and your hubby have a great bday! :0)

Kim said...

Your card turned out awesome Julie! I too have such a hard time with guy cards! I can't wait to see you on Tuesday night!! I hope you are starting to feel better!
:)
Hugs,
Kim