Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Altered Photo Frame and Coaster Tiles

Note to self...don't leave gifts to make until the last minute, anymore! lol :) Nothing turned out right yesterday...I started off making 4 tiles, finished them, went outdoors to seal them with the spray sealer (as it's strong smelling) and the ink ran on all my tiles! Ahhhh! So, with 5 tiles left, I started over again. The last of the four tiles, I was hurrying and forgot to add the mask over the flower before I stamped the script background over top...yup, ruined another tile! No problem, I had one left, so I used the last one. I was just about to left off the script stamp and this was when my cat decided to jump up onto my craft table and I smeared the top corner of the script! Just not in the plan to get them done uneventful, I guess! lol :)

Next project, I move onto the photo frame that I wanted to alter. I made a beautiful frame that I was so happy with and the last part was to put the glass and backing back on the frame when I realized that it CAN'T be reversed! I had made it with the wider side to the right, instead of the to left...yup, apparently it can only go one way. So, I had to start over. Only problem now is that the patterned paper that I used was the very last piece that I had here in my house. I was so disappointed as I really liked the one that I had already done...sorry, forgot to take a pic of that one to show you. Anyway, I like this one below that I did but the other one really was much nicer. Oh well. That's was I get for rushing and leaving things to the last minute. It's just been so busy here with trying to get everything ready for Alexandria's birthday, starting a new job, then Natalia's birthday, that I didn't get a chance to get to it earlier.

Anyway, I hope they like them. I'm sure that I'm much more critical of my own work, it's just that I like to be really pleased with my work before I give it as a gift. I guess I should remember that it's the thought that counts and I just wanted them to have a little something to remember us by to add with the monetary gift.

Well, I have to get a few things done here before I go to get my daughters at school for lunch. Moe stuff to this afternoon and tonight I have to go into work. Jim left for sea this morning for a month, so my friend is watching the kids while I'm at work. I might get a chance to play in my stamp room tonight when I get home, we'll see...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Tumbled Tiles (Home Depot), Self-Adhesive Cork Pads for under coasters (Dollar Store)
Stamps: Italian Poetry Background (Hero Arts), Flower from True Friend set (SU), Flourishes from Nightingale (See D's), Live, Love, Laugh (Studio G)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn), Coffee Bean (Delta -Rubber Stampede)
Patterned Paper: Autumn Leaves (Rhonna Farrer)
Tools: Double-Sided Adhesive Tape, Craft Knife, Matte Finish Acrylic Spray Sealer (Americana)

No comments: