Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Altered Pocket Notebook


I decided to alter a little pocket-sized notebook this afternoon to keep notes in at my new job. I think perhaps it should have a protective plastic cover on it to keep it looking nice, but that's not gonna be a job for today...to much else to do! lol :)

I kinda like the effect of the 'A Little Note' stamp. This is a clear unmounted stamp, so easy to do this technique. I first stamped it using black StazOn ink, then I stamped slightly to the right with Silver Metallic ink. I guess technically I should have stamped to the left, to make the black a shadow...oops! Oh well, next time! lol :)

You can't really see clearly in the picture, but the patterned paper has glitter in the centers of the flowers. So, the silver ink that I used kinda ties it together. I like the way my little notebook turned out, it's almost too pretty to use at work!

Ok, now I have to go finish getting supper ready before I head to work for the evening.

Supplies:
Pocket-Sized, Lined Notebook (Dollarama)
Stamp: 'A Little Note' (Studio G)
Ink: Black StazOn and Metallic Silver Encore (SU)
Patterned Paper: Posies Glitter Print - Pocket Full of Green (DCWV)
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi and Groovy Guava (SU), White (The Paper Company) and Bashful Blue (SU) which you can't see...for lining the inside of the notebook covers.
Embellishments: Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon (American Craft Elements)
Tools: Oval Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Double-Sided Adhesive Tape

3 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

Great little note book. I hope your enjoying your new job with the post office - is it just for xmas season or for all the time?

Tracy.H said...

Great note book, Julie. Love the stamped effect too! How is the job going?

Cathy M said...

Cute note book. Hey I just wanted to let you know that I received my FUN and CUTE CANDY Planner today.
I will be start using it now.
Thanks for letting me play in the candy giveaway.