Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sympathy Window Card




My dear friend, Catherine phoned me tonight to tell me that her grandmother had just passed away. So, this special sympathy card is for her and I also made one for her Dad and Mum.

Catherine's parents are very kind souls. Her Mum is such a sweetheart, when I was sick and my husband was away with the Navy, she made me a big pot of beef stew so I wouldn't have to cook. How thoughtful is that? This was Catherine's Dad's Mother that has just passed away. He is still recovering from a heart attack and my heart goes out to him at this time, especially when he's still not up to par himself.

May his Mom be at peace now and those who loved her, remember her always.

Supplies: (All Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes
Ink: Cranberry Crisp
Cardstock: Cranberry (Bazzill), Celery (Bazzill), Taupe and Flat White (CRS)
Patterned Paper: Bohemia - Backyard "My Journey" Brocade/Brown (My Mind's Eye)
Embellishments: Wine Velvet Ribbon (Michaels)
Tools: Double Rectangle Punch, Sea Sponge, Double-Sided Adhesive, Oval Cutting System (Creative Memories), Cuttlebug, Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder, Verse is a Native American Proverb that I've always liked. I printed off using MS Word and 'Freebooter Script' that I downloaded from the Internet.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

This is a beautiful card, Julie. So sad to hear about Catherine's grandmother.

JenMarie said...

WOW ~ Stunning card!

Anonymous said...

HI Julie just came across your site...I too loce ced making stampin...allkinds of crafts etc....it is such a relaxing thing for me to do
I am retired now so have more time for my crafting.I have 5 daughters so I love making their greeting cards for them to give.
On Fridays from now till xmas we have a happy hour at a stamp/craft/scrapbooking shop.We are taught how to make a small item such as a gift tag etc.the make and takes are a lot of fun thus keeping up with the new products.
I love your work/website......keep up the great work.
.....regards margaret litschko
............chatham ont. canada
mlitschko@cogeco.ca