Monday, November 5, 2007

Ladybug Origami Treat Boxes

My friend, Michele came over tonight to stamp with me, we had a good time chatting while we were in crafty mode. I've known Michele for just over 10 years now, I'm sure gonna miss her when she moves to New Brunswick soon! :(

Tonight's task was for me to come up with an idea for a treat bag/box to give to my daughter, Natalia's friends as a thank you for coming to her party this weekend coming. In keeping with the ladybug theme of her party, these origami boxes are what I decided to make. One down...7 more to go! So, it's gonna be a busy night tomorrow after I get off work. I'd start on more of them tonight, but I'm out of red cardstock, the rest that I have is more of an orange-red and not the right colour.

I wanted to make something for the kids that they can use afterwards. Seems most treat bags are seen for a day and after that the candy is gone or the toys are broken or lost. I thought to myself, what kid doesn't like little boxes to store their treasures in. That and the ladybug is just too darn cute not to keep around! lol :)

I'm scheduled to work the rest of the week, except Friday, so that will be a good time to get the food and cake made and decorations put up, but come Saturday night, I'm gonna be toast after having to go to work for the evening right after the party. :( Welcome back to the working world! lol :)

I just checked on the kids and they're sleeping like angels after another somewhat cranky day. Hopefully, they'll be back into normal routine tomorrow. I usually takes a few days to get there after the time changes. I'm sure tomorrow will be better! Well, off to bed, I go!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These are just too cute, Julie!! They are gonna love them. I know my girls would!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! And a great idea!