Sunday, November 4, 2007

Parade of Ladybugs

My youngest daughter is turning 4 years old soon and these are the ladybug birthday invitations that I made for her tonight. I CASE'd the idea from over on Sara Redman's blog, Desperate Stamper. I knew as soon as I saw her invitations, that it's what I wanted to do for Natalia's invites. She loves ladybugs and had already asked me if she could have a ladybug themed party this year. I think she's really gonna like these when she sees them in the morning. :) If you haven't checked out Sara's blog, take a peek, she's one of my regular blog hoppin' stops and she does amazing work! Thanks so much to her for this great idea!
Supplies:
Cardstock: White and Black (The Paper Company), Red (Bazzill)
Stamp: Invitation (Whispers - Sugarloaf Products, Inc.)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Tools: Circle Template Cutting System with Red and Blue Blades (Creative Memories), 1" and 1 1/2" Circle Punches (Creative Memories), googley eyes (Wal-Mart), Red and Black Brads (Dollarama) and a Thumbtack to poke through the three layers for the brad.

Well, the wind is still howling outside but the rain has stopped for the time being. The power hasn't gone out, so hopefully that's it for us for the storm and it bypassed us! Fingers crossed! Well, I need to go get some rest...I just realized it's 1:30 AM and the morning is gonna come early! :( Hey...I was just about to hit 'publish post' and I realized that it's only 12:30 AM! Yeah! Almost forgot that we gain an hour of sleep tonight! Too bad the girls likely won't sleep in, in the morning, though!

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These are just too cute, Julie!!!

Hopefully you don't get much more of the storm...it looks pretty nasty.

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love how your ladybugs turned out. I am sure that Natalie will love them. I hope Nolan goes easy on you guys!

QuiltNut Creations said...

love them! what a great idea