Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Swirls and Flowers


I was going to head off to bed...then, I heard my stamp room calling me..."Jul-ie, Jul-ie, Jul-ie!" Just kidding, but I did feel the urge to go in and create one card, though. This is what I came up with tonight. I used the Cuttlebug "swirl' embossed white cardstock that Kim so graciously gave me...as I don't have a Cuttlebug, yet, and I have tremendous Cuttlebug envy! Swiped it with SU Close to Cocoa (one of my favourite colours) and the rest was inspired by the ribbon I got from Michaels by American Craft Elements. Love, love, love their ribbon... only wish more came on a roll! I attached a couple of hardware pieces from my SU Hodge Podge hardware set and stamped a few flowers from SU Burst Into Bloom using SU Rose Romance ink, cut them out and applied them with dimensionals. I think if SU made a punch for both this flower and the large flower from from the SU set Looks Like Spring, I'd be the first to buy them, with many others closely behind me! Not a huge fan of cutting out flowers, but I love the effect, so I'll continue to cut them out until SU decides to cater to us a bit more! lol :)

I'm having digital camera problems...my camera battery just died, so I'll have to wait until the morning to upload my card pic after my camera is re-charged.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Very pretty, Julie. I love that ribbon!!