Saturday, October 13, 2007

Alexandria's 6th Birthday

I'm back! Whew, that week flew by fast! I just realized that I haven't posted anything since Tuesday. I've been busy with getting things ready for my oldest daughter's 6th birthday, which was this afternoon. I think the party went over well, the kids all got along well...except for a few costume wars...lol...but, other than that I think they all had a lot of fun playing together.
Alexandria chose to have a butterfly birthday theme this year. She loves butterflies. So, I went into crafty action...butterfly style!

This is the cake that made for her. I made the chocolate cake from scratch and iced it up. The bright colours are actually fruit roll ups by Betty Crocker and jelly tots for the decorations.
Here's the fruit roll up and jelly tots in their packages...in case you're not familiar with these products.

These are the 20 butterflies that I made as decorations for the walls. The kids loved them. My girls took them all down tonight before bedtime and we stuck them all together so I could take a picture, then we stuck them all to their bedroom ceilings. I have to admit they look really pretty. They want me to make more for them so they can add to their ceilings...more work...lol...I might even make some for my own ceiling. Kinda like my little oasis...Yeah, I'll probably just stick with making them more. :)
I printed them off a website that I found onto plain photocopy paper. Then, I glued them onto white cardstock. I let them dry well overnight and then I cut them all out. Yup, that was a lot of cutting for one night. Next to my light switch, you can see how big some of them are. I used tape to stick them to the walls at the back of their bodies and pulled the wings out so they looked like they were really flying.

And, these are the treat bags that I made for the 10 kids. I used my Magenta butterfly /dragonfly and the 'For You' is from a Studio G set form Michaels. I folded the dark pink cardstock to make a flap. Layered on a piece of lighter pink cs and them stapled these to the zip lock sandwich bags. I stamped the self-adhesive labels and them stuck them on top to cover up the staple on the front. Not my best work by far...I was so tired last night when I finally got around to making them up after I made the cake. I kinda gave up on the idea of doing a perfect job by any means and figured that the kids would likely be ripping into so fast to get to the candy that it didn't even matter. Terrible, eh! I try to do a better job for Natalia's upcoming birthday in 4 weeks. :)
OK, it's been a long day and I need to go to bed. Have a great weekend and I'll be back soon with more crafty projects.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

No comments: