Monday, October 22, 2007

Another Garden Whimsy Tent Topper card

My 6 year old daughter, Alexandria came home for lunch today all excited that they have a new little girl in their class today. She wanted to make her a card to welcome her to the class! Believe it or not, it was her idea...I wonder where she gets these ideas? I don't know anyone who likes to make cards! lol :)

So we quickly got lunch together, ate and ran downstairs and made a marathon card. She wanted to use the same layout that I used for a card that I made for my friend, Kelly last week for her birthday. I just changed the colours a bit and changed the saying from Celebrate to Friendship. So, it went together pretty quickly. I hope she likes it and that she feels welcomed. She has a wonderful teacher and I'm sure she'll enjoy it her class.

Supplies:
Stamps: Garden Whimsy (SU), 'Friendship' from Wonderful Words (SU)

Ink: Perfect Plum (SU)

Cardstock: Bashful Blue (SU), Celery (Bazzill)

Patterned Paper: Posies Glitter Print (DCWV)
Tools:
Giga and Mega Sized Scalloped Circle Clever Lever Punches (Marvy Uchida), Scalloped Edge Guide (handmade by me), dimensional squares.

Well, I got busy yesterday painting my downstairs bathroom, stairwell and hallway, now I have to put everything back to rights. I was just too tired last night to do it, well, I wanted to make sure the paint was fully dry before I started to hang things back up on the walls. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it! lol :)

Alexandria is going to 'Buddy Night' at Sparks tonight. In case you're not familiar with Sparks, this is the level before Brownies in Girl Guides. I was meaning to sign her up, but we were all sick and I didn't make it over for sign up night. Then, a friend at school invited her to come tonight, so I have to get supper ready early so that we can leave here before 6 pm to get over there in time. I'm sure she'll have tonnes of fun. So, on that note, I should get busy with deciding what to have for supper...any ideas?

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

3 comments:

Ila said...

That is a Gorgeous Card!! Your daughters new friend will love it...and what a nice idea.

Corie said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL -- love it

Michele Kovack said...

Love this card! IT is really pretty!