Thursday, October 18, 2007

My First CTMH Party

I went to my first CTMH (Close to My Heart) party tonight. It was hosted by my friend, Kim. We had a great night (as always) and lots of goodies to drool over for sure. They have some really nice stamps sets and patterned paper. I ended up ordering their recipe card kit to use with a lunch tin that I altered a bit ago to use for recipes. I'm quite excited about them arriving so I can copy over all my favorite recipes.

This is the card that we made tonight. It was certainly an inkyfingers night as I wasn't used to the way the ink pads swivel open and I just noticed that I even have ink midway up my forearm! lol :) These were some pretty sets that we played with. Love the flourishes and the snowflake is really nice. On the inside of the card I stamped, 'A Very Merry Christmas.'

This is the envelop that I stamped to go with the Xmas card that we made and the red gift tag is one that we made tonight, as well. A quick little project to show us how slick the glue pen worked with glitter. Isn't he a cute little snowman? :)

Kim made two pies for us for a treat. I tried the lemon meringue and it was to die for! Most yummy! It was even guilt free as it was made with artificial sweetener, egg whites and low fat graham wafer crumbs. She also made a coconut cream pie (evil woman that she is!), but I thought I had better behave and just stick with the lemon meringue. I think I made a good choice. Thanks so much for having us over, Kim! I had a great time and it was great to see everyone again. Always get a hoot out of you, Val! Miss Potty Mouth! lol :)

Well, this sleepy-eyed gal needs to go get some rest. I'll be back tomorrow after I've played a bit. :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh Julie!! This is absolutely stunning!