Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Think Pink Gate Card


I finally got a chance to play with my Think Pink set. I'm not overly happy with the way this card turned out. I usually shy away from colouring in images... mostly sticking with solid stamps, so I don't have to colour them in. But, not much choice with this one. lol :) I tried to cheat and use some cheap markers, but it didn't turn out well. I really need to get something decent to work with. I would love to get all the watercolour crayons that SU offers, they're wonderful, but they're also quite pricey. Lately, I've been seeing a lot about the Copic markers, and I'm thinking I'd like to take that route...we'll see.

This is a basic gate card but I wanted to add a little weight so that the gate doors would stay closed if the card was laying flat. So, I thought about it for a few minutes and I made this little ribbon tab closure. I attached the ribbon underneath the image square and fed it up through the heart and then back down through the heart and attached more double-sided tape to hold it in place. Then, I added a wee little bit of adhesive to hold the tip of the heart down to the image square. Clear as mud? Here's another pic to show you better... lol :)
Supplies:
Stamps: Think Pink (MFT- My Favorite Things), Linen background (SU)
Cardstock: Rose Weave (Bazzill), Pink, Green, White (The Paper Company)
Ink: Black (StazOn), Black (SU), VersaMark
Embellishments: Wine Velvet Ribbon (Dashes, Dots and Checks - Michaels), Pewter Heart from Wedding Theme Set (Dollarama)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

i love gate cards. great job!

Ila said...

This card is Lovely! I love the fold and the stamps you've used.