Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Treat Boxes


My youngest daughter has her little Halloween party tomorrow morning at pre-school, so I thought I'd make up a little treat for each of her teachers. I decided to have some more fun with the origami boxes from the other night that I was playing with. I changed the size this time to be a bit smaller box. The other one called for an 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" sheet of patterned paper for the top of the box and an 11" x 11" sheet of patterned paper for the bottom of the box. For mine, I used cardstock this time, with the top piece measuring 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" and the bottom 8" x 8". A cute size for little goodies. The finished box ends up being 3" x 3" x 1.5" high. Her box measured 4" x 4" x 2" high.

Oh, I can only imagine the state that my daughter is going to be in come noon time tomorrow after all that candy...she only just went to sleep a half hour ago and it's 10:45 pm here! She fell asleep on the way home this afternoon from picking my hubby up at work and I carried her inside and she continued to sleep on the couch for another hour and a half. That's very unlike her, as she doesn't nap anymore. I tried to wake her up for supper and she said she wanted to keep sleeping and eat later, so we all ate and shortly after we finished eating she woke up. Well, it's like she was a new person. I think she even grew, you know when they wake up sometimes and they just look different. Apparently, the sleep did her a world of good cause she acted like a child on Speed! Holy Cow the energy! lol :) I feel kinda bad, Jim and I were trying to contain our laughter, but I'm glad she's feeling better. This seems to be the routine, if she ever does nap in the afternoon, she doesn't want to go to bed at a decent hour...10 pm is way too late for a soon-to-be 4 year to go to bed! But, she's never woke up with this 'Speed-like' behavior before. It was really quite funny, she just kept bringing me out things to show me and doing all these crazy things and putting on little acts to entertain me. Anyway, I just hope she sleeps the night now and isn't too cranky come morning. Then, she's gonna get filled full of sugar, that should be a good show, indeed! lol :)

Well, I think I will indulge in a good night's sleep myself! Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

Supplies:
Origami Box (direct link above to a great tutorial)
Cardstock: White (The Paper Company), Black and Orange (Bazzill)
Tools: Bone Folder, Double-Sided Tape
Stamps: Self-Inking Halloween Mini Stamps (Dollarama)
Treats to fill inside of box. :)

1 comment:

Ila said...

These are So Cute!! I've already put the tutorial in my favs....TFS.
Your daughter sounds Adorable...brings back such wonderful memories.