Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cuttlebug Swap Cards

Recently, I hosted a Cuttlebug Swap though a Canadian online card making/stamping group that I belong to. The group is called CST (Canadian Stamp Talk). Including myself, there were 16 participants and each person was to make 5 cards (could be the same or different) using their Cuttlebug and they would receive 5 different cards back. Each card had to have at least one piece of Cuttlebug'd cardstock or patterned paper, one stamped image (either on the front or inside), and at least one embellishment. Well, I certainly wasn't disappointed with what came in the mail for this swap. Lots of wonderful ideas and a great selection of gorgeous cards! Take a look at them below. Seeing as I have 30 cards to upload, I'm gonna make them small pics. But, you can click on each pic for a better look.

Here are the cards by the participants in alphabetical order by first name.

Catherine Levy 1
Catherine Levy 2
Catherine Levy 3
Catherine Levy 4
Catherine Levy 5

Cathlyn Atkins 1
Cathlyn Atkins 2
Cathlyn Atkins 3

Dee Richardson 1
Dee Richardson 2
Dee Richardson 3
Dee Richardson 4
Dee Richardson 5

Dorothy Cummer 1
Dorothy Cummer 2
Dorothy Cummer 3
Dorothy Cummer 4

Fran Nelson

Jean Bircham

Joanne Oostrom

Julie Mutch (mine)

Karyn Hick
Kim Prince

Elizabeth (Liz) Whitty

Mary Jane Downey

Susan MacDonald

Tammy Morris

Teena Steele

Tracy Houghton

Weren't these a gorgeous bunch of cards?! I hope you enjoyed your Cuttlebug tour and that these cards inspire you to create some cards using your own Bug at home! I love playing with mine and have lots of ideas now for more cards! Now, there just needs to me hours in the day to play with! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

11 comments:

Nancy said...

Great cards Ladies!

Chookarooni said...

What a lot of great looking cards - and the variety - have added new technique to embellish the embossed fronts - mica paint - adds a whole new dimension. Thanks for sharing Julie!
M-J

Tracy.H said...

Great cards! Now I can't wait to get mine!! :0)

Anonymous said...

What great cards! I definatly have my favorites, some great ideas and i can't wait to see them in hard copy once they arrive in the mail. Way to go gals you should all give your selves a pat on the back...and your cuttlebug too! Thanks so much julie for hosting this great swap, I am glad I participated!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are totally awesome! Received my set in the mail last week. So many new ideas to try. Thanks again for hosting, Julie.

Anonymous said...

Great 'Bug cards ladies . Well done . Hugs Gerrie

Anonymous said...

Awesome cards Ladies!!!!
I cant wait to get mine!
thanks so much for hosting Julie!!!
Tammy

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW ---- FANTASTIC cards ladies!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards. I'd love to know how some were done and stamped and coloured...i.e. the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Great variety of cards. Lots of great ideas to try. Thanks ladies for the great art and thank you Julie for taking the time to post them all.
karenheighton@ns.sympatico.ca

Helen F said...

GORGEOUS cards - what creative uses of the Cuttlebug! (it's #1 on my Christmas Wish List and hubby KNOWS it! lol)
Seriously - THANK YOU JULIE for posting these cards, I loved seeing the uses!
Next time I'll enter too, since I have some pieces I've embossed using friends' Cuttlebugs!
Helen Froese