Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My 15 Minutes of Fame...

We had an absolutely beautiful day here today. It got up to +19C. Hurray, Spring is officially here, I think! I thought I'd share a pic of the pretty Crocus flowers in my flower garden in front of my house. I just love it when these little flowers pop through. They don't last long, but they're a real sign that Spring is here!

Hey, who's that? Oh...it's ME! :)

This was my 15 minutes of fame that appeared in the Saturday issue of our Provincial newspaper, the Halifax Herald. I joined LA Weight Loss back in September 2006 and pretty much reached my goal in January 2008 when I finished attending the centre. I still follow the program and eat properly...most of the time! lol :) But, my main issue now is toning. They quoted me as having lost 75 lbs, which is correct for the 12 months, but as of now, I'm actually down 91 lbs and 40 inches. I've very proud of myself...I feel so much better about myself and I really enjoy shopping for clothes and getting dressed up now. Not to mention the health benefits, my overall health has improved so much and I have so much more energy. I feel great. I can run after my girls and I don't feel like I need a nap, or like I'm gonna die from exhaustion! I can't thank them enough for giving me my life back. The photo shot was a lot of fun last month. I was honored when they contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in participating. They'll be giving me a CD of all the photos from the shoot, I kinda wish I could have seen them all before they printed the one that they did...I'm not really keen on the one that they used because of the angle, but I guess it's ok. Anyway, I'm rambling...lol :) I have a new card to share in my next post...

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)

4 comments:

Krisstee said...

CONGRATS Julie.............you look great. It is hard work and you deserve a big ol hug. I KOW you must feel so pleased and so good.
Again..........congrats....from another valley goil. Cheers!

Tracy.H said...

That is so awesome Julie!! You should be VERY proud! You look awesome! :0)

Deborah March said...

CONGRATULATIONS Julie!

NormaJ said...

That's wonderful news Julie.
Congratulations on sticking to it and losing. You must be very proud of yourself. You must make
a scrapbook page of this now.