Friday, April 18, 2008

Little Girl's Birthday


This is a simple card, but fitting I think, for a little girl turning 6. It's dainty and pink, what little girl doesn't like pink? :) I had a birthday card to make for next week for one of my daughter's best friends in her class at school. Thought I should get it done ahead of time, as I usually wait til the last minute thinking I still have plenty of time to get it done and then, wham, the day is here and I'm not ready! Sound familiar? lol :) So, there, I'm done a week ahead of schedule...perhaps I'll start a new trend for myself! :)

Things here are getting a bit better. We went to my friends funeral on Wednesday, it was a 5 hour drive away in the town where he grew up. It was a long day of driving, but we were glad to be able to go to the service, although it's still doesn't seem real that he's gone. He'll definitely be missed by us and so many others. He had so many people that cared for him. Just to give you an idea, he had nearly a thousand people attend the visitation the day before the funeral. I'm sure he was looking down and smiling at all the good times that we were all reminiscing about. May he rest in peace.

Well, I have to go get the girls ready, we're heading back over to the Elem school tonight for a 'Spring Fling' family dance. The girls are so excited and it's so much fun for us to watch all the kids dancing around. They're all so cute! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Themed (Studio G)
Ink: Rose Romance (SU)
Cardstock: Flat White (CRS), Light Pink and Rose Pink (The Paper Company)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder, Sea Sponge for highlighting flowers, White Pigment Gel Pen (Signo - SU)
Embellishments: Pink Polka Dot Ribbon (Dollarama), Pink Buttons ~RAK from Tracy Houghton, thanks again, Tracy! :)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

This is too cute, Julie...and love those buttons! ;0)

So glad to hear that all went well at the funeral. It sounds like there were a lot of people who loved him. Even though you will all miss him terribly, it is great that you were all able to spend time together and remember what a great guy he was to you all. :0)