Monday, April 14, 2008

With Sympathy Dove


This is one of the sympathy cards that I made for each of the three brothers of my friend who just passed away. We'll be leaving Wednesday morning to go to Cape Breton for his funeral. From here, it's about a 5 hour drive one way, so it's going to be a long day as we have to drive all the way back home that night...it'll certainly allow for a lot of time to think. Seems as though I've done a lot of that over the past few days. I keep breaking down and crying. I thought I could deal with working tonight with the public, but apparently I wasn't ready... I tired to put on a happy face for everyone asking me how I was doing, each time I rang in their order. But, then I looked up at my next customer and he looked like he could have been a twin to my friend who just passed away. Needless to say, I lost it, I tried to maintain some sort of composure while I quickly rang in his small order, but thank god I was working on the speedy line tonight, and there wasn't anyone else in line after him. Then, as I was crying, I told my supervisor that I needed to go home. I'm sure they all think I'm crazy. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks for listening.



Supplies:
Stamps: Nightingale (Inque Boutique), 'With Sympathy' - Greetings Galore (Impression Obsession)

Cardstock: Blue Bayou and River Rock (SU)
Tools: Corner Rounder Punch (SU)
Embellishments: Blue Brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful card, Julie. I am so sorry for your heartache, Julie. It is never easy, but hopefully spending time with everyone else who loved him, as you do, will help ease some of that pain. And together you can all remember and enjoy all the happy times you all spent with him. Big Hugs{{{{}}}}

QuiltNut Creations said...

stunning card Julie. thinking of you

Anonymous said...

Julie -
I just found your blog last week and your cards are so beautiful.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of your friend's loved ones.