Monday, April 21, 2008

Reverse Print Flower

Ok, so I've had this reverse print stamp set for about 3 years now at least and it's never been inked! The saying along the side of the reverse flower image says, 'the heart that gives also gathers.' I figured I would try playing with it a bit with the spectrum ink pad that I bought this weekend, I kinda like how it turned out, but wish the pink and blue were a bit darker... Ahh, we're never happy, are we? lol :)

My photography skills seem to be really off lately, as well. My pics aren't coming out crisp at all. I keep fiddling with them, but can't seem to get the right pic, then I just end up giving up. I think I'll try to rig up one of those photo boxes, or maybe I can convince Jim to make me one instead...a Mother's Day present perhaps! :) Now I just need to find a link to one, I'm sure I bookmarked a couple in the past, now to find them, though, is the problem.

We had a great weekend, I'll share some pics of our road trips in my next post.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Reverse Prints (SU)
Ink: Disney Mickey & Minnie Rainbow Pad (All Night Media - Plaid)
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate (SU), Midnight Blue (Bazzill), Burnt Sienna (Bazzill), Flat White (CRS)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder
Embellishments: Burgandy Satin Ribbon (Fabricville), Antique Brass Swirl Embellie (Hodge Podge Hardware - SU)

3 comments:

JanetP said...

Julie,

It was great meeting you yesterday! I'm so glad that you gave me your blog addy! I've spent hours reading about you, Jim, and the girls but I really love your cards! I hope to someday be half as skilled and creative as you are! I've shared your blog with a couple of my friends and they are all crazy about your creations too!

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful, Julie! I must play with my spectrum pad more. :0)

I will email you a link I have for a light box...I think Catherine had sent it to me actually. :0)

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous!!