Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Slider Card Tutorial Links

I've had several people ask for the tutorials that I forgot to add for my Magic Slider card and the Double Slider card that we made at our SU night on Monday. I went on SCS and found the tutorials to share with you. Beate Johns always does a wonderful job of explaining things, step by step with lots of great pics, so I won't bother to do up another one. Here are the links:

Double Slider Card

Magic Slider Card

Beate used 12" x 12" cardstock, but I acutally used 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock, so my measurements are slightly off from hers. These are the differences if you'd rather use the smaller cardstock.

5 1/4" x 9" ~ for the outer shell of the slider, (score this piece at the 2 1/2", 5 1/2" and 8 1/2" mark)
2 3/4" x 4" ~ Cut 2, these will be the pull pieces.
2 1/4" x 3 3/4" ~ Cut 2, these will be the top layer for your pull pieces
1" x 10" strip of think plastic (Cello bag, grocery bag, etc.)

I won't include the rest of my measurements, just decorate as you wish. Have fun with it! :) Just a hint, use a good quality cardstock with this one. I tried going 'el cheapo' while making a couple of these with my daughters, but the cheap cardstock that they chose was too flimsy and the slider part ripped inside each of the cards. So, use a good, heavier cardstock like SU or Bazzill.

I especially like the Magic Slider, it's a fun one to make and it always seems to be a wow card for people when you show them as they're not expecting the card to do that! lol :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)