Saturday, April 12, 2008

With Sadness

I feel as though I'm outside my body this morning - looking back at myself. My heart feels like it's been ripped from my body and my head aches from crying so much. It's with extreme sadness that my friend of 11 years lost his short battle last night and has passed on. He is going to be greatly missed by all those who cared for him - that was very evident last night while we all stood around last night sharing stories at the hospital while he lay in ICU, now at peace. It's not right to be taken at such a young age, but the only positive thing that I can see, that will come of his passing is that he was approved as an organ donor and he'll be helping between 7 -10 people with organ donations. Apparently, two people will now be able to have their sight back and two will be able to go off of dialysis. How wonderful is that. That, I feel happy about, that my friend will live on in a sort of way and know that he's helping others. He was a kind soul, a friend to all he met, humourous beyond belief, he comes from a family who welcomes anyone into their lives, and to them, my heart goes out. To his wife who has lost a companion and to his brothers who have lost a brother and a best friend and to his parents who have lost a dearly loved son. May he rest in peace and may those who loved him find peace of mind, as well, to know that he's not suffering anymore. I know I'll remember him always.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Hugs to you Julie

QuiltNut Creations said...

so sorry Julie

Tracy.H said...

I am so very sorry to hear of your friends passing, Julie. It is a great thing that he was able to be a donor for others though. Big hugs to you and his family.