Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthday Butterflies

This is a card that I made for a birthday party that my oldest daughter is attending tomorrow for a little friend of hers who's turning 6 years old. I wanted to make a pretty, girlie card and I think she'll like it. Alexandria thought it was very pretty and wanted to keep it herself! lol :)

Here's a close up of the vellum butterfly that I watercoloured.

Ok, this is a short post, I have to run out to go buy the birthday gift and do a few errands.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: 'happy birthday to you' - Sentiments 1 (Impression Obsession), Large Butterfly and Dragonfly (Impression Obsession)
Cardstock: Rose Weave (Bazzill), Mauve (The Paper Company)
, Vellum (SU)
Watercolour Wonder Crayons: Ballet Blue, Bravo Burgundy & Elegant Eggplant (SU)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn), Purely Pomegranate (SU)
Patterned Paper: Soft Butterflies (?...not sure what the dp is actually called or who makes it)
Tools: Circle and Scalloped Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug, Ticket Punch (SU), Aqua Painter (SU)
Embellishments: Pink Bling

3 comments:

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful, and oh...what a suprise...a butterfly! LOL...just teasing ya Julie! I love the card below you made for your Dad and the little story you shared...so sweet! And the pics of the girls first day of school are precious! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Kim

Julie Mutch said...

I know, I know...but, it's a 'new' butterfly, so is that ok? lol :)

Tracy.H said...

I am sure she loved it!! I really need to get me some vellum! :0)