Wednesday, September 24, 2008

In Time of Sorrow


I thought I'd play with these beautiful Bold Carnations today from Inque Boutique along with a sympathy sentiment from Impression Obsession. These are the kind of cards that I like to have on hand, in case you're in need of one. Normally, don't feel like making one when I need one or my mind's just not in to card making, but I know the person would appreciate a card truly from the heart and they know that you took the time to make it yourself.

For the carnations, I stamped once with black ink and then moved the stamp over so little to the side and stamped again, giving the flowers an appearance of a slight highlight of gray. This is one very large unmounted rubber stamp, and I didn't have a clear acrylic block big enough for it. So, I actually used half of the clear case that it came in for a stamping block. You just have to be careful to press all over the stamp to be sure you get a clear impression as the case is a bit flimsy. But, work with what you've got, eh? lol :)

Well, I'm going to try to get in some crafty time later tonight. Gotta go grab some lunch before I have to pick up the kiddies from school. :)

Thanks for stopppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Sympathy Sentiments (Impression Obsession), Bold Carnations (Inque Boutique)
Cardstock: Jet Black Linen & Goldenrod Linen (CRS), White Flat & Avocado Flat (CRS)
Ink: Black Onyx (VersaFine)

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

This is beautiful, Julie! :0)

Tasha Hickert said...

I love this! The simplicity of the stamping makes it seem very sincere and serious. On a lighter note...TAG, You're IT! Check my blog for the details which I will be posting within the hour. Hope you're able to play along. http://tashasdesignworld.blogspot.com .