Monday, September 8, 2008

Nature - Something of the Marvelous


I really like this saying and thought I'd pair it with a simple stamped background of the same repeated stem silhouette. I didn't want to overdo it, just keep it a simple card with a bit of sparkle, but I'm left wondering if it needed a little something else. Do you find that at times you feel that way about a card? But, then when you add that little something extra, it actually turns out to be too much or not needed after all. So, I thought rather than mess up my card, I'd just leave it be. I did add Diamond Stickles over the stem leaves, but they didn't photograph very well. I tried an angle shot to get a better view of them, but it's still not a very good pic. Sorry about that! lol :)

Well, we're all starting to come around here. The girls stayed home from school today and we all took it pretty easy. Alexandria will be ok to go to school again tomorrow, but I'm still not sure about Natalia. She's still running a fever even though I've been giving her 8 hour Motrin on a regular basis. I was hoping she'd be ok by now, but it seems to have hit her a lot worse. She's the only one who's voice is affected with a funny scratchy tone to it. I hate to admit and if I didn't feel so bad for her, I think it actually sounds really cute. My little raspy-voiced girl. lol :)

Well, I'm gonna go grab a little snack and call it a day.

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: Stem Silhouettes (SU), Marvelous (Impression Obsession)

Cardstock: Jet Black Linen, Flat White (CRS)
Ink: Eggplant - Pigment (Hero Arts), Onyx Black (VersaFine)

Tools: Diamond Stickles (Ranger), Matte Finish Spray Sealer (Americana) - for a sealer coat over the pigment ink.

Embellishments: Sheer White Ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

Tracy.H said...

Love it the way it is Julie!

Sorry to hear that your little one is still sick. That's no fun at all. I hear ya on the voice though...they do sound so cute. ;0)