Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Caregiver Appreciation


This is a card that I made to give to a special caregiver in honour of the awesome work that she does as a caregiver for Alzheimer's patients. Cammie has started a landslide of appreciation recognizing these wonderful Caregivers and it hit especially home with me. You see, Cammie lost her Grandmother due to complications from this terrible disease this past Summer and I also lost my Grandmother to Alzheimer's a year and a half ago. I was very close to my 'Gram' my whole life and found it very sad to see her in her the last few years as she wasn't the woman that I grew to know and love. But, I miss her dearly. I have the upmost of respect for people that are able to provide care for and are able to deal with the constant challenges that arise with patients of Alzheimer's. They deserve so much more appreciation than they get, I think! It's not an easy job and one that certainly should be commended!

Like I said, Cammie (Carolyn King) started an appreciation contest that just grew to absolutely huge proportions. You can read all about it here. You just make a card to give to an Alzheimer's Caregiver to say thank you for the wonderful work that they do. Then, leave a comment on Cammie's blog and mention a bit about it on your blog and you could win over $1000 worth of crafty goodies from a ton of kind hearted crafty souls.

Lauren Meader and Susan Liles are two wonderful ladies who donated cards or projects to the cause. The following are three exceptional companies who have stepped forward offering lots of crafty goodies. They are Verve Visual, Scor-Pal and The Cat's Pajamas. Please check out their sites for some wonderful goodies or some creative inspiration! You won't be sorry! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! :)



Supplies:
Stamps: 'Grateful' - Small Script (SU)
Cardstock: Jet Black Linen (CRS),
Patterned Paper: Purple Flourishes and Mauve Paper (Creative Memories) ...sorry I don't know the exact names of these. :)
Ink: Black Onyx (VersaFine)
Embellishments: Black and White Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (DeSerres)
Tools: Circle Custom Cutting System (Creative Memories), Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful card. I love the soft color! Thanks for spreading the word. I am sorry to hear about your grandmother...hugs...Cammie

Nancy said...

Just letting you know that I'm tagging you this morning!